Summer Camp Scholarships
Enjoy the Summer!
Camp scholarships are provided to young people who income qualify and are in need of either a day camp or overnight experience. Some camps are local to the community, while others require transportation. Students grades Kindergarten-9th can participate in the day camp partnership with Independence Township Parks and Rec. Students ages 13 and up can choose an overnight camping experience.
Local Day Camps
Students can enjoy a variety of camping experiences which might include specialty camps from basketball clinics and music camps, to camps to improve math, language arts, science and computer skills, and even traditional camps where young people learn to interact while fishing, hiking and sitting by a campfire roasting marshmallows.
For any details and/or questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com or leave us a voicemail message at 248-623-4313 and we’ll get back to you.
The following factors are considered when determining eligibility to receive a Summer Camp Scholarship:
• The camper must live in the Clarkston Community School District.
• The camper must be school aged.
• The camper’s household income falls within the USDA/Section 8 Guidelines. (see chart below)
• The camper must have a real desire for a camping experience but would be unable to participate without scholarship support.
• The camper’s parent(s) or guardian(s) must be willing to support and participate in the child’s camping experience (i.e. transportation).
Oakland County does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to its programs, activities or services as required by Title II of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. Oakland County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.SS